If you have been a victim of another’s wrongdoing or negligence, you may have a personal injury case in Michigan.

Personal injury is a very generalized term to include any injury suffered because of the negligence of another person. Attorney Timothy J. Klisz has nearly two decades of experience representing only injured persons and he might be able to help you.

If you have been in an automobile, truck or motorcycle accident, you must do a few things under the law: report the accident and do not leave the scene without police permission. Seek treatment!  If you are insured (a misdemeanor crime to drive without insurance) you have unlimited lifetime medical coverage under Michigan’s unique to the nation No-Fault laws. Even if you don’t have health insurance, you are covered!  Ride in the ambulance or seek immediate medical help.

You should also exchange contact info and insurance information from the other cars involved in the accident. This will help track down the other drivers if you end up seeking damages against them in the future.

Klisz Law Office, PLLC

The Klisz Law Office, PLLC is your full service, comprehensive, caring law firm in Metro Detroit. Based in Livonia, Michigan, the office serves the Counties of Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw, Livingston and Macomb, as well as many other local communities. Call Attorney Tim Klisz today!

Timothy J. Klisz
(313) 402-0853
39111 West Six Mile Rd.
Livonia, MI 48152.

Monday – Friday
8:00am – 5:30pm
Evenings & Weekends
By appointment only

After treating, you should also quickly inform your insurance company about the accident and find out about your benefits under No-Fault.

Finally, you should consult with a local, experienced car accident attorney to find out your rights, obligations and what can be done to compensate your losses.

Attorney Tim Klisz has been assisting only victims of car accidents for over 2 decades and has collected millions of dollars in compensation for hundreds of clients in the Southeast Michigan / Metro-Detroit area. Always a free consultation about your rights is just a click away!  Or call (313)402-0853 and find out what he can do for you!

Slip and fall

In this type of action, a person is usually injured as a result of a land owner or business owner’s failure to make a premises or parking lot safe for its intended use. If you have been injured at someone else’s home or at a business establishment, you should contact an attorney to discuss this matter. You might be in a position to receive money towards medical bills, lost wages, as well as pain and suffering and emotional distress. In southeastern lower Michigan, call the Klisz Law Office PLLC and speak with a slip and fall Attorney, Tim Klisz at (313) 402-0853 today.

Animal bite

If you have been injured as a result of a bite or attack from a persons pet, you may have a possible case. In Michigan, as long as the animal was not provoked, the injured person may have a right to bring a suit. In the event that you have been injured by someone’s negligent handling of their own animal or pet, you should obtain medical help immediately, but don’t forget to get as much information as you can about the animal, the owner, and any witnesses that might have seen the incident, or know of that animal’s reputation for attacking people.

Pedestrian-auto accident

If you are a pedestrian in Michigan, and have been hit by an automobile, motorcycle or truck, you may have a claim against an at fault driver for your injuries. In general, pedestrians do have the right of way in Michigan, over motor vehicles. Of course, the pedestrian must watch out for their own safety, but if you have been injured as a result of a driver’s failure to pay attention, poor driving, or illegal driving, you may have a claim as a pedestrian. Thousands of people are injured every day by drivers who are distracted by cell phones, radios, or other distractions which prevent them from driving carefully. If you find yourself a victim to one of these drivers, call attorney Tim Klisz, (313) 402-0853 right now or submit to the facts of your case to the office through our contact the firm link.

Bicycle-auto accident

Even while riding a bicycle, you may find yourself a victim of a negligent automobile driver. In Michigan, you may be surprised to find out that bicyclists using the roadway are held to the exact same traffic laws as motor vehicle drivers. Wearing a quality bicycle safety helmet is important for bicyclists of all ages, but it is legally required for bicyclists under the age of 16. If you are using the roadway, while bicycling, don’t forget to signal, follow all traffic control devices, and follow all the rules of the road as if you were driving a vehicle. Even with these precautions, you may find yourself injured as a result of another driver’s negligent actions. If so, call attorney Tim Klisz at (313) 402-0853 to discuss a potential case.

Products liability

The products we use every day are meant to be safe, but if you find that you have been injured, through no fault of your own, as a result of a potentially defective product, you might have a case in Michigan. The laws of products liability have been evolving over hundreds of years, and technology has made the things we use safer today than even a decade ago. But, it is possible that a defective product, either malfunctioning or a design defect, could lead to serious injuries to a user, bystander, or child. If you feel that any product that you have used has malfunctioned leading to injury or property damage, you should consult with an experienced attorney right away. It is important to try and preserve the product in the condition in which it last existed, as to not spoil any evidence. That is why you should seek the advice of an attorney immediately upon your discovery that a product may be defective. In Michigan, call attorney Tim Klisz at (313) 402-0853 or submit the facts of your case via the secured contact the firm link.

There are many other ways that people get injured, some of which are accidents, and others are at the hands of a negligent or intentional act of another person. If you have been injured, it is always best to check with an experienced attorney for a free consultation regarding the possibility of filing a successful lawsuit. Not every personal injury would justify a formal legal proceeding, but it is always best to consult with an experienced attorney in personal injury law to verify that you have or don’t have a viable case. Here at the Klisz Law Office, PLLC, you will always receive a prompt, courteous, thoughtful case evaluation, free of charge. Call attorney Tim Klisz right now at (313) 402-0853.

Wrongful death

Unfortunately, some personal injuries lead to the worst results. Any time a person is killed as a result of another’s negligent actions, the case that would be brought on behalf of the deceased person would be considered a wrongful death case. These cases cannot be maintained in the name of the deceased person, but rather through a duly authorized representative of the estate, as appointed through the probate court. Often, the family of the decedent is the beneficiary of any proceeds of a wrongful death case, and these cases can be maintained in either the probate court or the circuit court, where the decedent resided. The appointed personal representative can then order records, hire an attorney, and deal with all of the deceased person’s assets and debts. The proceeds of a wrongful death suit can be divided between the estate, which technically would be property owned by the decedent based on “conscious pain and suffering, ” and the remaining family members for “loss of society and companionship.” A judge will ultimately determine what each family member should receive from the settlement or verdict, or the family could agree on those figures. The death of a loved one is never easy, especially if someone caused or contributed to that death. At the Klisz Law Office, PLLC, attorney Timothy Klisz has been handling both wrongful death matters and probate estates for nearly 20 years. If you are in need of a consultation, do not hesitate to call attorney Tim Klisz at (313) 402-0853.